Initial Research Pathway

Description about Real-Time PPE Detection with Computer Vision and AI (V3SmartTech)


(Photo taken V3SmartTech website)

1) I have started by getting a quick information from ChatGPT on any technology in civil engineering field that uses AI to make the job of workers in the construction field effective or safe. I have simply input "Provide me some examples of available technology that uses AI in civil engineering field" in ChatGPT for a possible list of available AI technologies. 

2) I was drawn to one of the AI applications which was provided by ChatGPT known as 'Real-Time PPE Detection with Computer Vision and AI' .

3) I prompted ChatGPT further on the technology's capabilities and limitations and its functions so that I can gain a quick sense of technology's effectiveness as to whether this is a good topic for me to touch on for thesis. I have simply input "Provide me with the technology's capability and limitations as well as functions". Note that I have only used ChatGPT to get quick information.

4) I explored the Internet for companies which provide the same technology so that I can gain a clearer information about the technology. One of the company websites which I have discovered is V3SmartTech website and the company readily provides the technology in Singapore. This website provided me with detailed functions, features and benefits of the technology. Other websites such as Visionify which almost provides me with same information. 

(Edited on 27/1/2024)

5) I surfed the internet to find more sources to describe my idea better for summary draft. This includes looking up various articles and websites. 

(Edited on 7/2/2024)

Comments

  1. Huh? That's it? Jomel, I'm expecting a bit more detail for the research pathway.

    Which research platforms did you use? What sort of sources/articles were you
    looking for and what did you find? To what extent did you use gAI? What prompts
    did you create to solicit info from any gAI sources? How did these sources help you
    in the research process?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Prof, apologies as I was having problem with edits in my Blogspot due to a webpage error during class previously. You may see a revised version again. Thank you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Descriptive Reflection - Introductory Email

Summary Reader Response Draft 2