Critical Reflection

 As I stated in my introductory email, my weakness is that I startle when speaking in front of people. Critical Thinking and Communicating module allowed me to express my thoughts and opinions verbally by answering questions in front of the class. Through the lessons, I have slowly gained confidence as I realized that I am just the same as others and that I should not feel bad about my weakness. As I was able to develop confidence in speaking through the lessons, I have somewhat achieved my objective but I know could have achieved my objective if I had spoken up more to test myself. This module provided me a stepping stone to learn more about myself and improve on other weaknesses when it comes to writing and speaking. To become better in writing and speaking, I observed and learned from my peers and lecturer in class and the previous blogs by other classes in the lecturer’s Blogspot page. Also, this module made me realize I should also improve on clarity and fluency when speaking. To become better, I learned that I should observe good speakers and also take time to do self-evaluation after I do presentations or sharing sessions. 

The reader response assignment allowed me to think critically about the ideas of my topic and properly manage the content structure of my thesis to ensure clarity and conciseness. The topic I have chosen for my reader response assignment is ‘PPE Detection with AI with Computer Vision’. Before I started the assignment, I  read through several samples in Blogspot to gain ideas on how I could begin. I have learned to be resourceful by jotting down my ideas and parts of my research in Microsoft Word and using ChatGPT to get better ideas first before starting on the thesis. By doing this, I was able to report productively and effectively.  To be an effective writer, I learned that I should stick to 'PEEL' which refers to writing down of a point and supporting it with elaboration and examples. In this way, my writing can be clear and concise. To improve further,  I find that I should make an effort to analyze and learn from others' reports and also observe others on how they structure their ideas into their writing. I have also learned the importance of giving credit through proper citations and referencing. My main takeaway from this assignment is to always think critically before writing. This is because writing is not all about putting down the best ideas, but also keeping in mind a good flow or a proper content structure in writing to get readers' attention easily and so that it is also easier to read. 

Learning in a small group provided me with an opportunity to improve and learn with convenience. With the help of the lecturer, I was able to learn in class effectively through small activities and know others well in class. I'm thankful to be in the class to learn from both the lecturer and my peers. 


Comments

  1. Thank you very much, Jomel, for this highly detailed and well focused reflection.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Descriptive Reflection - Introductory Email

Initial Research Pathway

Summary Reader Response Draft 2